Friday, February 12, 2010

Do Deer Move Well After Rain?

its still mildly raining where i am, and it just got done with a heavy rain a couple of hours and cant decide if i want 2 go deer hunting, and dont wanna go get soaked and not c anything because they arent movingDo Deer Move Well After Rain?
I have found that after a long and hard rain, there will be very good deer movement afterwards The best time to be up a tree or on stand is as quickly as it stops. When I first started to bow hunt it had rained hard all day and through the night. I was on my stand up a tree when the rain stopped a little after daylight that morning. In 35 minutes I had taken 3 shots. The bad news is that with heavy clothing and a slicker suit, the string kept hitting my bow arm, and I missed a doe, a spike and a decent 8 point.Even missed opportunities make good memories in the world of hunting. Good luck on your hunting! Mine will start in 6 days!Do Deer Move Well After Rain?
Deer will often move after a heavy rain or snow. They often seek out better areas to bed down again with more protection.





One of my most productive photography outings was near Reno righ after a heavy snow storm. The snow quit at about noon and the deer were all on the move out of the ravine bottoms.
I have found then to move well during a light rain and after a heavy rain. Then tend to ';hunker'; down during the heavy stuff, then feel the need to roam when it gets done.
I would imagine they probably do. If they have arthritis like I do, though, you wanna get them before the rain, that's when it really hurts. Good luck!
They are going to be moving after bedding down to stay out of the worst of the rain. Observe where trails cross and hope.
if its heavy rain they well bed down, then when it lets up they come out to eat, most of the time anyway...so yeah they might be out now.
I went hunting after some rain and saw a few deer, but I know that they really move in snow.
only if it is light rain and a good time of day


i got my first deer when it was raining a little after a big downpour
here in Oregon if you wont hunt when it is raining you wont hunt
Its one of the best times to actively hunt them.*
  • what in your opinion is bes c ide and
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment