Friday, February 12, 2010

Deer scents please please help me?

what is a good scent for bucks (even small ones) that will work well and can you tell me how to use them im new to scents


thank


(best answer for a pic of their trophy)Deer scents please please help me?
I have never had much success in killing a monster with scents.





What I can tell you. I use to raise deer and still have one for a pet. During the rut bucks, any and all bucks go crazy with estrogen. Any doe in heat will drive them crazy. We have always had to never go around the deer when ever we have even come close to doe in heat, even the cheap stuff. They will try to come through the fence.





I don't know what good this particular info can do for you but also bucks go crazy around women on their monthly cycle. Women need to be careful while hunting at that time.





';Bambino'; is sheding his velvet.


http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196鈥?/a>Deer scents please please help me?
I've used Tinks #69. It's all about timing with scents as it is with rattling. Best time to lure a buck in with scents is after the main rut when the bucks are out scouting for any does that are coming into heat late. You'll want to set up at least 3 scent tags/strips around you (about 10-12yds away 5-6ft off the ground), do it on a day when there is a slight breeze so the scent will carry through the timber (best is when the breeze is blowing in the direction that you know bucks travel) Then sit and keep watching downwind of your scent tags/strips. Sooner or later if a buck catches wind of them he'll show up.
I have seven deer mounted on the wall. None were killed using scents, even though I used them for several years.Having said that, I will have to say others have had some success or at least credit their success to using a certain type of scent to lure them in. It's just that I have never had any success at luring a wall-hanger in when using scents.Keep a tally on how many pictures you get.That may tell you something one way or another.
I have had some success with scents. Its all about the time you use them (pre-rut, rut, post-rut) and what you use them with (calls, rattling, etc...)


Sorry, I don't have facebook or any of that stuff to show you, but the biggest buck I have shot grossed 168 2/8. I live in Iowa so we have a lot of BIG deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment