Friday, February 12, 2010

Do deer scream? Ive heard peoplpe say they've heard them scream like women.. sort of how a fox can scream...

Anyone ever heard of this, or heard it themselves?Do deer scream? Ive heard peoplpe say they've heard them scream like women.. sort of how a fox can scream...
I have been hunting Deer for over 35 years now and have heard every sound that a deer makes.


Or at least that鈥檚 what I thought.


I hunt with Bow, Muzzle loader, Rifle and Pistol and normally fill every tag I get.


In the last several years that add up to 8 deer per year.


I put 3 in my freezer and donate the rest to the food banks.


Last year I was on my 5 deer, it was Rifle season and I shot a average size 6 point that field dressed 140 Pounds.


I took a heart shot with a 308 the buck reared up like a stallion which was some thing I had never seen before then let loose with a scream which did sound like a woman and collapsed dead.


I had 2 friends at about 150 yards from me and called me on the radio to see if I knew where that scream came from.


When I told them the deer I just shot, we all three were surprised.


For in all the deer I have shot I have never seen one rear up or heard one scream before.





So yes they do, but it is very seldom that they do.











D58








Hunting with Rifle, Pistol, Muzzle loader and Bow for over 3 decades.


Reloading Rifle, Pistol and shotgun for over 3 decades.Do deer scream? Ive heard peoplpe say they've heard them scream like women.. sort of how a fox can scream...
when injured yes they can make a very loud scream it is not the same a the bleat or bawl calls!











Have you ever heard a deer whistle?
Yes they do , but most always Fawns*...
its kinda like a bleat like a goat not a scream the only animal i ever heard of like that would be a bob cat
I had a friend that hit one with their car tell me it screamed until someone finally shot it. She said it was the most ungodly noise she ever heard.


I have never heard one personally.
rarely do they ';scream'; but bawl and bleat more often. if your bullet placement is good they make no sound. listen to a peacock some time, they scream just like a woman.
Not in outer space. In space, nobody can hear you scream.
This is one of the sounds that a predator call makes ';deer in distresses';, I use one when coyote hunting. I would not say it sounds human... The only way I can describe it would be a bah of a sheep but longer and more forceful.
It is more of a bleating sound. It's pretty plaintive and can last 2 or 3 seconds. It's pretty pitiful, and unmistakable.
I've heard them ';scream'; several times. It falls somewhere between a bleet loud and unsettling, to a high pitiched scream (Like a woman would if being attacked)

No comments:

Post a Comment