Sunday, February 7, 2010

If i hit a deer?

will my Insurance go up? i have had two VERY close calls in the past week...Thanks!If i hit a deer?
Two close calls? You should pay more attention to the road, especially where there is a deer crossing sign.If i hit a deer?
Must be you live in my area! The deer are terrible! And yes, your insurance can go up...A couple years ago, we hit a deer with my fathers van...His vehicle, his insurance...The van was totaled.....Here it is, 2 years later and OUR insurance company still holds it against us
No it shouldnt have anything to do with it!!!
a lot of this comes down to how the contract with your insurance was writen. Some policies take in to account impacts with living creatures. some understand that you don't have much control over an animal runing in front of you and will not increase your rates. I would read over your contract and see what it says, if you have a good agent they will be able to tell you as well what would happen.
No it will not but it will go against you if you get any other claims!
STOP DRIVING WHILE YOUR TOUCHING YOURSELF.
Andy, why do you assume that he wasn't paying attention to the road, were you there with him?


Maybe it's his attention that prevented the accident and turned it into a close call as opposed to a deer strike. I've seen deers just come bounding out of the woods here and straight out into traffic, and that doesn't mean that someone who hits one isn't paying attention.
Only if you claim it. If you hit a deer cut him up and throw him in the freezer.
I have hit two, well, one ran into the side of me and the other ran out in front of me. It didn't raise my insurance but it did seem to matter on the question form whether I hit the deer or the deer hit me.
Not if they dont find out.
no but your car will be pretty smashed up. some insurance company's will actually pay for the repairs
I agree with person above.





';News at Eleven: Today a hiker found an apparently mauled dear that was run over and killed by a driver and buried in a shallow grave.';





No, seriously though, it will.
Depends...most larger companies will not increase premiums for deer hits, however, claims frequency will always increase it. If you have a clean claims history I doubt you would see much if any increase if you hit Bambi tonight.


PS -- I see dozens of deer-damaged vehicles every season. The idiots will run in front of, into the side of and sometines INSIDE an open window of cars for no reason at all. And those little stick-on gizmos you put on your bumper don't scare them away. I have many, many photos of smashed cars and trucks with those things glued on the twisted bumpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment