Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can a 243 drop a deer?

ok im useing a 243 savage with 100 grain can i kill a DeerCan a 243 drop a deer?
It will drop a dear very nicely. I have killed several with a .243 that went down like they were hit by lightning. Anyone who tells you that a .243 isn't enough gun for deer doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.Can a 243 drop a deer?
A 243 is good for deer in open country but as a brush gun no way. I have been hunting in Pa a long time and I have seen a lot of people in my hunting party use a 243 only to come back empty handed. They came back to camp empty handed not for a lack of shooting but for a lack of hitting deer in brush. If all you have is a 243 I would hunt in open country like fields,power lines, logging areas etc.Hunting in woodlands and brush I prefer a bigger bullet 150gr or higher.
shot placement is everything. i heard (what might be a tall tale) that a man took a deer with a perfect head shot with a .22 MAG.





i myself have taken a few with a .243.
If you're asking if the cartridge is capable, yes it is. If you're asking if it's legal where you live to use a 243, we have no way of knowing.
Won't ';drop'; one persay, but yes, it's a very good cartridge for ';killing'; deer.
close up yes 100 yards plus i wouldnt bet on it
gee i don't know seeing how that is its main purpose is as a deer rifle


hmmm can a deer rifle kill a deer?
One of my friends brothers uses a semi-auto .243 for deer hunting and it works nice.
depends on your shot placement but the .243 is a great deer round.

No comments:

Post a Comment